Joe Dirts Poker Attitude

"It takes Chips not Brains to go all-in of which now you have neither"

Monday, April 14, 2008

Exciting live game last night

So Suz has been out of town since last Friday and comes home tonight. I figured last night would be a great time to head over to the card room before she comes home. I arrived later then I would have liked but had to go to the bank, Walmart and get my car washed before heading over. I get to the Phoenix and there are 7 names on the list for the 4/8 tables so I tell myself I will give it an hour to see if I get on or not. One nice thing about playing there is that you can eat for free while playing at the tables. I have Robert serve me a Tangery Tonic and sit back and observe all the activity in the room. I know all of the employees there as this is the place my wife worked at for years so I have an advantage of getting the inside scoop on what is going on around the place. Nicole and Robert are discussing how many Patron Shots the one table has had and Robert is thinking of cutting them off. It appears that there are three low twenty’s kids at the table trying to get this Asian gal drunk off her ass. Fifteen minutes later Nicole mention that the Asian gal’s husband has just gotten involved by coming over and drinking her shots before she gets a chance to drink any more. This started some banter back and forth between her and her husband and the three yahoos at the table. Robert decides that is enough for now but allows one more drink to be served to the gal because she missed her last one.

I think all this is great stuff to watch and decided that I would like to get a closer seat to the action. I ask Steve the floor man to get me to that table which is a 4/8 kill table and slipped him a $5 to ensure quick placement. Ten minutes later I am being seated in the #5 seat directly across from the dealer. The number one seat was the drunker then hell Asian gal and to her right a mouthy drunk regular who was about 24ish, and to his right two more drunk early twenty something’s. In seat eight was this very large African American fellow who was playing a very lose aggressive game and taking down quite a few pots. The guy to his right had a stack of chips reminiscent to Jamey Gold and was playing pretty tight.

Long story short the punk next to the Asian gal was a very mouthy sort of dude and continually used the f word which many called foul on of which he would reply I don’t give a shit I will leave any time and would repeat the f bomb over and over just to be an ass. Play went on for quite some time and I pretty much got into only two hands blinding away at least half my stack. After many hands with the mouth stating he had a set and everyone should fold but showed crap hands this setup some hellasish bantering between the black guy and the mouth. They would continue to chase hands with each other only to say things like you just got punked etc…

Well on one hand the mouth stood up when winning a hand and said take that bitch at which time many at the table said hey watch your language. Fuck that he said the dude is a bitch and I will say what ever I want. Steve the floor man said oh no you wont followed by the guy stating that he would just cash out and leave. That is when the black guy said I am gonna cash out as well meaning that he was going to go outside with the guy. Well the mouth proceeded to repeat the bitch word yet again and that is when the very large African American walked around the back of the table and let him have it. One punch almost put the dude over the rail. All I remember after that was the whole place coming to their feet and two very small security guards running into the door. The mouth started yelling that he wanted the cops called so that he could press charges. No one seemed to be on his side at all. I had already picked up all of my chips and figured that this match was not going to go well for quite some time and decided to leave. Before I walked away for the table I made it a point to get the mouth to look me right in the eye and said you my friend are one dumb ass bitch and you got what you had coming dude.

I went to the bar and let Kim the new bar tender and Nicole know exactly what had happened and told them good bye. In my opinion the staff did not act appropriately or early enough to defuse this situation. Early on when I first sat down and heard and saw how this guy was behaving I asked him what online site he played at. His answer was I don’t play at any online sites only live games. He reminded me of many of the loud mouthed ass holes you run into online. He also reminded me of the young blond headed kid I seen playing in the wsop on tv as well. Can’t nor would I ever want to remember his name so that last line is hit or miss as far as you knowing who I might be talking about. Who ever said drunks and Holdem is +ev for the other players. Well I obviously haven’t learnt enough about the game to work that kind of atmosphere to my advantage. But then again I didn’t really sit down with enough cash to make an honest go of it. I sat down with $100 and left with around $30 after the entertainment was over. I did have a front row seat for the fight though and a very nice dinner so fight and a dinner is worth $70 to me any day.

jd

1 comment:

dealisup said...

lol - fight and dinner for $70. Hey bud I should take you to a hockey game. You would love it.